6.22.2011












 






Lately I have been really into pinwheels - they just seem like such a great way to dress up a plain wall. I  think a grouping of them would make an amazing backdrop for a craft show display or a window display. I am thinking of trying to make some soon. I have my own version of a pinwheel design that I screen print onto various bags and such in my shop (inspired by vintage Japanese floral kimono motifs that have a very 60's psychedelic feel) but I like this idea of making three dimensional ones out of pretty paper. I am also fond of the ones that are patchwork style, scraps of fabric serged together. BHLDN has some pretty ones for sale and they are not too expensive. You can find them here. I also found a lovely tutorial online if you are so crafitly inclined. You can find that here. A google search will find you many more variations on how to make your own. Fun!


My week has been somewhat lazy so I now have two days to turn it around. I am heading to an amazing festival this weekend and am putting together some fun costumes for it because it is just that kind of event. Next week I will be heading out to the west coast which I am soooo excited for. My week started off badly but there are so many things to be happy, thankful and excited for right now that I can hardly stay sad. Not to mention the Summer Solstice! Happy Summer everyone! I celebrated by having a few drinks on a patio last night before the rains came. How is your Summer shaping up? Do you have any fun plans?


xo, a

1 comment:

Sea Flower Studios said...

I agree that pinwheels would make a great backdrop for your craft show display!