7.03.2012

Introducing...

I revealed on Instagram and Facebook last week that I had been working on this new bag and on Friday just posted it to the shop. It is called The Jiometori Bag, fancy way of saying geometry in Japanese. For some time now I have been thinking about ways to use the fabrics that I love but in a large bag that can be useful and durable. I recently purchased a yukata kimono, that is, a summer kimono made from a thick cotton. It seemed perfect for this kind of thing. I am really happy with how it turned out with the leather and the various straps. The inside is lined with very thick canvas and has a big pocket with a zipper closure.

My intention was to try out this one and see how the response was. If all goes well then I will be introducing some new canvas bags for fall, similar but in my own textile pattern designs! I hope I can have these ready for late August, we'll see how the production and fabric printing process develops.

No comments: