4.22.2013

Weekend Recap




I was at City of Craft on the weekend and it was a great weekend. Well, let's be honest. It snowed here on Saturday morning. It was a really cold few days and we are all sick and tired of this nonsense. But, inside it was positively Springlike with Sakura blossoms dotting the ceiling and the sun poured in magnificently through the lovely stained glass of this beautiful church hall.

Overall I was really really happy with the show. It was fun to hang out with friends and chat with customers - new and old. I really appreciate all the lovely and encouraging feedback so if you are reading - thank you! I only got word that I was doing the show last Friday so I had exactly one week to prepare. I realized something though. I kind of laid off the shows in the past year because they can be pretty miserable, truth be told. Often there is a lot of schlepping and if you are not selling anything then it is the worst. Thus, I spend the majority of my time in production mode, filling orders for stores. Don't get me wrong, I am extremely grateful for this priviledge. But, I remembered how much joy and excitement preparing for shows brings me - it gives me a chance to try out a small run of a new product or idea and take it straight to market without worrying about photo shoots and such. It allows me to be creative in that way along with the fun of planning a display and packaging ideas. So if anything, it was a reminder to me to make sure I nurture that aspect of running my business, always trying out new product ideas and yes, maybe even incorporating a few more shows here and there.

In any case, hope you had a great weekend and start to your week. I will be posting a slew of new pouch's in the shop in the next day or so so stay tuned!

No comments: