3.22.2011

Happy Spring!


On Sunday I had a little photo shoot with my friends Leann and Alicia to photograph my new Spring wares. It went well, I thought. I am still in awe and with so much gratitude that these girls are willing to take a whole Sunday to help me with my work. I owe them so much. I went into the shoot pretty casually, expecting to just take some basic product shots for my Etsy shop but what came out of it was sort of a surprise and exceeded my expectations in so many ways. I knew I wanted a softer and more natural palette for this season with lot's of pastels and natural fibres, but I didn't have an exact vision for how the end result would look. Somehow though, when I started uploading the photos to the shop, I realized how seamlessly they all flowed together and how the colours just sang out Springtime. It really was one of those happy creative process surprises and I am truly delighted. I love Spring so much, it feels very celebratory and sensual, bursting with possibility and freshness. 

The above shot is a pretty collection of some of my scraps, compiled over the past week. I normally promptly throw these away but this time I felt compelled to let them pile up. Last week was so busy with production and prepping for the shoot. This week I am enjoying leisurely tea breaks and the process of slowly uploading the new shots to Etsy and promoting online. The shot below is a little glimpse behind the scenes, Leann photographing and Alicia rocking those 4 inch heels. Yikes! 




xoxo
Until tomorrow Lovelies!



No comments: