5.15.2011

Spring!

Oh my god, where have I been? Clearly I need to exercise a bit more discipline with this blogging thing. And I will! Soon-ish.

I've been busy, did two shows this month, one at The Drake and one at The Good Earth Winery in Beamsville. Both were pretty fun and I really lucked out with the weather, especially considering it has pretty much rained every other day that I have not been at the shows. Blah. But things are incredibly lush and fresh outside. Yesterday I did not mind walking in the rain at all because it was so mild and colourful. The magnolia's are starting to fall already and many sidewalks have a pretty lime green carpet from the tree fallings.


The above is a lovely picture that Mark Elliotson took of some of my pillows at Handmade Marketplace last weekend. Seems everything I have made in the past two months has been in anticipation of the gloriousness of Spring with lot's of pinks, natural linens, blossom motifs and the like. It has been a busy time with preparations for many shows and wholesale. I feel I have so many ideas and want to move in so many directions; screen printing, natural dyeing, appliqué. But then that little voice in my head tells me to focus and build a cohesive and unified line of products.
Rules Schmules!


The above is a little sample of some of my new screen printing work. I have been working on designing patterns that are inspired by Japanese motifs. This one is a more literal and popular Japanese motif of waves, printed in gold metallic ink on linen. These are picnic placemats, so you have a pretty cover when you eat your lunch in the park in the summer! The little holders can hold chopsticks or a little fork, spoon and/or knife. I have matching coasters as well, might do a table runner soon too, we'll see.



Last shot above, also by Mark, is of some of my latest packaging and a few tea towels, also gold metallic screen printed onto linen. I did two designs for now, a feather motif and the horses running. I am trying to stick within my Japanese patterns theme but I could not resist doing some fun animal prints for Spring and Summer. They are just so cute! 


And now I must actually get some work done! Yes it is Sunday and I am stressing about work.


More soon! XO

No comments: