5.16.2011

Around the House




 It's another rainy day in Toronto. I have a lot to accomplish today, four orders to get out but first I must run out and get supplies. So, just a short post with a few shots from around my house. My love of gathering and collecting is apparent from these shots I think. Above, some wood from my favourite beach on Vancouver Island. (possibly my favourite place to be in the world), some little accorns that I gathered in Florida and some pine cones. Oh and of course, my little deer friend.


More collections. My home is filled with textiles, dishes, baskets and other random tchotkes from around the world. I just love finding cool things. Sometimes I wonder about all of that mixed energy around me but aesthetically, they do add a lot to my home.


I feel very connected to First Nations cultures and nature, I try to bring that energy into my home, any way I can. Above is a fan, made from feathers that I bought from some Native craftsmen on Vancouver Island and some old moccasin boots, not sure which culture they come from.


I'd be amiss if I didn't mention just how cluttered my home is. I constantly wonder about this urge to gather and purge, what a strange cycle it is. I do love to have beautiful things around me and I think when I come from Value Village with a bag full of new clothes and the umpteenth Chinese tea pot that I do have the best of intentions! But lately I have been trying to rid myself of more and collect less, part of that clear space, clear head ideal. I'll let you know how that's working for me later!


And now its off into the rain for me. At least I found some great new music online last night. I reconnected musically with my old friends from The Moontribe on the west coast and will be undoubtedly be playing various dj sets that I found on repeat through the day.


Have a good one folks and more tomorrow! XO

No comments: