5.25.2011


Some photos from our weekend at Long Point. It was quite delightful, slow and beautiful. We camped on the sand, in amongst the dunes of Lake Erie. The park is surrounded by protected bird sanctuary and there are just so many birds hanging about, I loved it. If you know me then you know that one of my greatest pleasures is laying in bed in the morning and listening to the birds. I love hearing the denseness of sound that is heard in the very early hours in a natural area of birds and insects. We had all kinds of weather and one of my highlights was stringing my hammock high between two trees so that you had to stand on a picnic table to access it. So fun to swing high in the air in my hammock! We also took some nice walks - on the beach and in the great expanse of grassslands, sometimes you could have thought you were in Africa.



And now, its back to the city. where I hit the ground running first thing yesterday morning - that pace will continue all week. But first,  its coffee and blog time! More tomorrow!

No comments: