8.29.2011




Happy Monday Friends! It is getting much cooler here in Toronto, I know lately I have been piling on the wool blankets at night and summer is almost over. I can't believe it! Next weekend I will be heading north to Collingwood and then camping to Tobermorey for a little nature therapy before it starts to get really cold. This past weekend was a strange one for me. I attended the funeral procession for Jack Layton which was incredibly sad but also uplifting. On top of that, I've been glued to the news of Hurricane Irene as my mom lives in North Carolina and was right in the brunt of the storm. She is fine, thankfully as she is inland but said it was pretty rough with lot's of trees down around her and power outages. 
This will be a very busy week for me as I am preparing for both The Cabbagetown Arts Show as well as The Queen West Art Crawl in September. The photos above show some of the things I am working on; Some new pillows in the shop, they are made from a vintage Japanese kimono but look very African in appearance. I love them and hope you will too! Unfortunately, I won't be able to get all of the Fall stuff professionally photographed until the end of September so I will be slowly photographing and uploading things on my own over the next few weeks. The second photo is of some new natural dyestuffs I received in the mail, Logwood, Black Oak and Cutch. I have been prepping all of the fabrics and can't wait to finish the new bags and scarves I will be making with them.

Enjoy your day everyone!


No comments: