8.30.2011





Source: etsy.com via Alison on Pinterest






Source: flickr.com via Alison on Pinterest


Some of the most beautiful and interesting quilts I have come across.

Last night was my first dyeing disaster. It all started off well, a pot of Cutch on the stove, producing some gorgeous caramel shades on cotton. Everything was going swell and then I added some iron to try and attempt chocolate browns. Oh. my. god. I will never add iron to anything again. BLACK EVERYWHERE. At first I thought the fabrics were interesting, I was getting a marbly mixture of blacks, greys and caramels on the fibre. But then, everywhere the liquid dripped, stained. I transfered the leftover dye to mason jars and there is now black stained counter tops, floors and the side of my cupboard. The bathroom tub, my hands. Oh my god. To make matters worse, the fibre that had the iron in it was hanging too close to the fibre with no iron and I now have black spots on some of my precious cutch cyed scarves. Oh my god. Live and learn I guess. Live and learn.




No comments: