2.19.2013

Color: Neon & Cobalt



While poking around Pinterest recently, as I am wont to do, I came across a fairly arresting color combination; neon green and cobalt blue. I couldn't get it out of my mind - so much so that I am working on a new bag design for Spring that combines these two colors. Every time it comes time to think about designing new products, I return to neon. You may recall me posting about neon here two years ago. It is STILL on my mind. The trend that just keeps on giving, apparently. I think the thing abut neon is that it is all in how you pair it. Neon on its own can be somewhat offensive but mixed with something natural or unlikely, like linen, it seems really fresh. What do you think?

 All  images taken from my Pinterest.

1 comment:

Julien said...

scareThis is a great use of neon. It can be used in all the design fields. I'll have to look on Pinterest for other combos. BTW, nice article in FP magazine (April 2013). Congratulations!