9.23.2011

Recap and Happy Fall


Wow, what a week. It has taken me a week to recuperate from the craziness of the past few shows and now, the rain has won, I have aborted my mission to run errands today in favour of sitting here with a delicious drink and some catchup time.

Last weekend was The Queen West Art Crawl and once again, the weather gods were kind and the sun shone all weekend. Monday it pretty much poured all day so I feel very fortunate. That show was crazy and I am so glad it is over. I thought I could do the show AND go to a music festival, 300km north of Toronto, all in one weekend. I did it but it wasn't without its intensely stressful moments. For example, the wind kicked up and the entire tent completely uprooted from the ground and blew backwards. STRESS. STRESS. So, ya. The good part of that was that eventually the tent was secured and I was left to enjoy the crisp freezing cold northern air for an evening. Fresh fresh air, stars, forest, dew frost, amazing art installations in the woods, glorious music, friends, huge campfire - it was pretty awesome and worth it I think. Even if I couldn't go to bed until sunrise because my tent was covered in frost.
    


Another big development is that I graduated from the program I was taking, a small business training course, and will be launching my new company, Crafting Your Success in mid October. CYS is a service and resource for craft entrepreneurs that will sell graphic design brand packages as well as e-courses for Etsy sellers. I can't wait to show you all what I have been working on!


So, I have a lot of work before me. I have postponed the photo shoot for what was supposed to be a fall collection until mid October. I have tons of new fabrics on the way from Japan and have decided to wait so that I can incorporate all of the new stuff for Christmas. So, sorry if you were waiting to see some new stuff but it will be bigger and better in late Fall.


That is about the bulk of news in my court for now. Have a great weekend everyone! XO

No comments: