8.27.2013

Brooklyn Flea










So this happened. I had a chance to check out a big New York trade show last week called NY Now which was vast, and interesting. I was able to wander the city quite a bit, scouting out new shops, sourcing fabrics and the like. I was pretty excited to check out the Brooklyn Flea Market because, as I have mentioned before, the only thing I enjoy more than sourcing fabrics is shopping for vintage clothing. If you follow me over on Instagram you would have seen some of the most incredible vintage clothing shops I hit in Williamsburg. A little pricy but always cool to scout in new cities. I didn't find the flea to be all that different from the Toronto equivalent - The Junction Flea. Ok, maybe slightly better. Plus you get to look out at the iconic Manhattan skyline as you shop. Anyways, expect a few NY themed posts in the next few days as I scour through all the photos I took.

Also, I guess the trip was fairly fruitful in that I DID in fact score some wicked fabrics. AND, I am currently working hard on the Fall collection which, with any luck, will be available in a weeks time.

Ok back to work for me. Hope you are all enjoying your week!!

P.S. There is a new section in the shop - AS IS. It is where I will be putting all the bags that have minor little flaws - a common occurrance when working with antique fabrics. All still very lovely but MUCh easier on the wallet. Check them out here!

No comments: